How to bake pretty cookies
While they will taste great no matter what, cookies sometimes need a little extra TLC to look as great as they taste:
- Only mix half of the chocolate chips/chunks called for in a recipe in with the dough.
- Portion the dough with a cookie scoop, then roll into balls by hand.
- Give them plenty of space. I only bake 6-8 cookies at a time on my sheet pan, depending on size.
- Before baking, strategically place and press the remaining half of the chocolate chips/chunks into the tops of the dough balls.
- As soon as the cookies are pulled from the oven, and while they are still hot and pliable, use a spatula to push any uneven edges back into a perfect circle.
- Let them cool completely before packaging or storing.