Make these fun and easy Rudolf brownie cookies this holiday season!
I bake many sweet treats over the holiday season, but the recipes I keep coming back to again and again are ones my kids love to make with me. And these Rudolf brownie cookies are one of their favorites!
The cookies are dense and super fudgy, with one whole pound of chocolate in the batter. Now that’s a chocolate cookie I can get behind! All that’s needed to magically turn these brownie cookies into everyone’s favorite reindeer is a few mini pretzels and M&Ms. And voila! These cookies will be everyone’s favorite this holiday season.
How to make these Rudolf cookies
The cookies are a basic “brownie cookie” recipe, or brownies in cookie form, so they’re very chocolaty with soft centers and crackly edges. To transform the cookies into reindeer, just add antlers and a red nose! The antlers can be made with mini pretzels, and the nose can be made with M&MS (any kind you like, but I like the holiday mint M&Ms) or even red hots.
Shop tools for this recipe
Rudolf Brownie Cookies
- 1 lb (455 grams) semi-sweet chopped chocolate or chips
- 1/4 cup (56 grams) unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (300 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (60 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Mini pretzels
- Red M&Ms
- In a double boiler, or a heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water, melt chocolate and butter until smooth. Remove from heat.
- With an electric mixer, beat the eggs and sugar on high speed until pale and thick, about 2-3 minutes.
- Fold chocolate mixture into the eggs until combined. Stir in vanilla.
- Add salt, flour, and baking powder and mix just until no streaks of flour remain.
- Pour batter into a shallow dish and freeze for 1 hour, or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Scoop brownie batter into generous tablespoonfuls (I like to use this cookie scoop) and roll into balls. Place on prepared sheet pans.
- Bake until cookie edges are set and the centers are just starting to puff up, about 8-9 minutes.
- As soon as cookies come out of the oven, place 2 pretzels on the top of each cookie for antlers and 1 red M&M in the center for a nose. Let cookies cool completely.
- Pretzels will soften over time and cookies are best the day they are baked.