How to Package Preserves for Gifts
If you are looking for fun ways to package your jars of home-canned goodies for gifts, here are 7 ideas to get you started.
I am not a crafty person, let me just get that out there. But I do love to give gifts, especially food.
Every fall I put up a little extra preserves, jam, etc. with the holidays, birthdays, and other occasions in mind. The preserved food itself is beautiful already, but I like to dress the jars up a bit more. The decoration is always simple, with craft supplies I already have.
There’s nothing costly or complicated here, just a few suggestions for how you can turn your plain jars into lovely gifts.
1. Labels or stickers— you can find all sorts of free printables online, or you can design your own. I used these Ball dissolvable labels that I picked up from the supermarket for just a few bucks.
2. Cupcake liners— cover a regular mouth jar with a fun cupcake liner. Gently screw the lid on top of it and ruffle the edges of the liner so it flares out underneath.
3. Gift tags— they come in all shapes and sizes, and are the perfect place to leave a recipe or serving suggestion.
4. Paper or fabric toppers— Fit a square of paper or fabric over the top of the jar and fasten with a string or ribbon.
5. Add an accessory— Why not attach a vintage spoon to your jar of preserves to give your gift a little something extra?
6. String— A simple string goes a long way to dress up a jar of canned goods.
7. Tape— With all of the fun designs that are available these days, you’re sure to find one that fits your style. And dressing up a jar couldn’t be easier!
Do you like to give canned goods as gifts? I’d love to hear about it in the comments!
5 Comments on “How to Package Preserves for Gifts”
These are so adorable. I’m loving the cupcake liner trick!
This is SO fun!! I have to admit, I got really into canning when I took a class during culinary school, I immediately went out and bought all these canning supplies…and still haven’t canned a damn thing, haha! BUT this makes me want to get into it!
Love all the packaging ideas! 🙂
Oh Laura, you just have to dive in and do it! You won’t regret it. 🙂
love and need this! Hope you and your family are well! Miss seeing you