Cinnamon-Sugar Pretzel Bites
These cinnamon-sugar pretzel bites are soft, buttery and perfectly spiced. They’re a delicious sweet treat!
Soft pretzel bites coated in butter and cinnamon-sugar are a tasty treat that I love to make with the kids when we have a few hours to spend in the kitchen. They aren’t hard to make, and we enjoy rolling them out, cutting them into bite-sized pieces, and rolling them in the toppings after they’re baked. And the best part is eating way too many in one sitting, of course. ?
This recipe makes a big batch, so these cinnamon-sugar pretzel bites are perfect for sharing with others— whether you’re looking for something to take to a potluck, hosting a game night with friends, or simply need an afternoon snack for the kids.
How to Make Cinnamon-Sugar Pretzel Bites
1. Prepare the dough. Combine ingredients and knead until smooth and elastic. Use only enough flour to get a dough that is still tacky to the touch, but doesn’t hold to your fingers when you pull away.
2. Let rise. Cover with plastic wrap and set in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
3. Roll and slice. Roll pieces of dough into a ½-inch wide rope and cut into 1-inch pieces.
4. Dip in water bath. Bring water and baking soda to a boil and drop pretzel bites in batches, cooking for about 30 seconds. (This step helps the bites brown better in the oven and gives pretzels their distinct flavor.)
5. Bake. Bake on parchment-lined sheet pans until golden, about 10 minutes.
6. Add cinnamon-sugar topping. While the pretzels are still hot, drizzle with melted butter and toss with cinnamon-sugar.
These pretzel bites are THE BEST when they are still warm. They’re so soft and full of buttery cinnamon flavor. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
Other Craveable Cinnamon-Sugar Treats
- Lemon Cinnamon-Sugar Doughnut Holes
- Cinnamon-Sugar Stuffed Scones
- Banana Bread with Cinnamon-Sugar Topping
- Snickerdoodle Cookies
Shop Tools for this Recipe
Note: This recipe was created for Go Bold with Butter. See the recipe on their website here.
Cinnamon-Sugar Pretzel Bites
- 1 ½ cups water , plus more for water bath
- ¼ cup butter (½ stick, 56 grams)
- 3 ½ - 4 cups all-purpose flour (420-480 grams)
- 1 packet active dry yeast (2¼ teaspoons)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar (25 grams)
- ½ cup baking soda
- ½ cup granulated sugar (100 grams)
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- ½ cup butter , melted (1 stick, 113 grams)
- Combine water and butter in a small saucepan; heat over low until butter is melted. Remove from heat and let cool 5 minutes, or until mixture reaches 110-120°F.
- In bowl of stand mixer fitted with a dough hook attachment, combine 2 cups flour, yeast, salt, and sugar. Add water mixture and mix until combined to form a wet dough.
- With mixer on medium low, add remaining flour ¼ cup at a time until dough clears the bowl but is still slightly sticky to the touch. You may not need to use all of the flour. Continue to knead until dough is smooth and elastic, about 5-7 minutes.
- Place dough in a greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Gently punch down dough and knead a few times. Tear a small handful of dough off with your hand and roll into a long thin rope about ½ inch wide. Use a sharp knife to cut into 1-inch pieces. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Preheat oven to 450°F and line 2 sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Pour 10 cups of water into large pot; stir in baking soda and bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Drop dough pieces into water in small batches and cook for 30 seconds. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on prepared pans.
- Bake until golden brown, about 10-12 minutes, rotating pans half way through.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in large bowl. Drizzle warm pretzel bites with butter and transfer to bowl. Toss with cinnamon-sugar mixture until well-coated.
- Pretzel bites are best enjoyed warm, but will keep in an airtight container for a few days.