This will be a quick one because, well, it’s the week of Christmas and who isn’t busy? I don’t have much time to post and you probably don’t have much time to read. Luckily, this treat is very simple and straight forward, it’s just chocolate with a little sea salt. If you think that combination sounds a little odd, then you must try these and change your mind. They’ve got that sweet and salty thing going on that’s so in right now and they do it so very well.
I made these chocolate truffles for a party we attended this weekend and let’s just say they were very well received. I had never made truffles before and really wanted to use Christmas as an excuse to make some and I thought this particular recipe would be a great place to start. The recipe is very simple so if you’re looking for one more holiday treat to make this season, I suggest this one. They’re easy to make and so very delicious. And this recipe makes a lot, which is great because everyone is going to want to try them. And then steal the whole plate.
Chocolate Truffles with Sea Salt
- 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate
- 8 oz bittersweet chocolate
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 8 oz milk chocolate
- Sea salt , for sprinkling
- Heat the dark chocolate and the sweetened condensed milk in a double boiler placed over simmering water. Stir until melted and add vanilla, remove from heat. The chocolate will not have a silky smooth texture. Cool to room temperature, chilling in the refrigerator if necessary.
- Roll into balls. I used a melon baller to make them all uniform in size, but a teaspoon would work fine too. Melt the milk chocolate in the microwave and dip the truffle balls in the chocolate. Place on parchment paper to set and immediately sprinkle with sea salt.