Caramel Marshmallow Milkshakes
A simple milkshake made with blended marshmallow cream and caramel.
Is it taboo to post ice cream recipes after Labor Day?
Everyone seems to be jumping at the bit for pumpkin spice lattes and all things comfy cozy, but that’s not gonna happen here. There’s 15 days left of summer and I’m going to make the most of every single one.
Besides, our “cooler” fall weather is still in the mid-90s so ice cream is still the treat I’m craving when I want something sweet.
I’ve recently become addicted to caramel marshmallow milkshakes from our favorite local burger joint. I dream about them daily, and that’s only a slight exaggeration. Last weekend after I slurped one down in record time I decided that it would be all too easy to make them at home and have one every day.
(Don’t ask me how losing the baby weight is going.)
Okay, so I’m not really making a shake every day, but they’re so easy I totally could. It’s just vanilla ice cream, milk, marshmallow cream and caramel blended together. You can make your own caramel, or use store-bought. Since my days are mostly spent holding a 3 week-old baby, I went the easy way.
Caramel Marshmallow Milkshake
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream , slightly softened (500 ml)
- 1 cup milk (250 ml)
- 1 cup marshmallow cream (85 grams)
- ¼ cup caramel sauce (60 grams)
- Whipped cream , for serving (optional)
- Combine the vanilla ice cream, milk, and marshmallow cream in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the caramel syrup and blend again until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and top with whipped cream, if desired. Serve immediately.