This simple but spectacular fruit salad filled with fresh berries, pineapple and pomegranate is my new favorite!
This salad happened sort of by accident. I threw it together for my sister’s wedding shower back in November, with whatever ready-to-use fruit looked good at Costco— strawberries, pineapple, blueberries, blackberries, pomegranate arils and raspberries. I also added some chopped fresh mint and vanilla bean paste to make it extra special for the occasion.
And the combo was amazing! I just had to share it with you.
This really is THE BEST fruit salad ever. It’s my new go-to for brunches and potlucks. And you can bet it’s going to make an appearance on Easter!
There’s not a lot of chopping and the whole thing comes together in just a few minutes. The addition of mint and vanilla may sound a bit unusual, but they do a lot to set this salad apart from others. It’s so fresh and flavorful, and even feels a bit fancy!
The Best Fruit Salad
- 1 lb sliced strawberries
- 6 oz raspberries
- 6 oz blackberries
- 6 oz blueberries
- 2 cups chopped pineapple , about 1/2 a regular pineapple
- 1 cup pomegranate arils
- 1-2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- In a large bowl combine the strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, pineapple, and pomegranate.
- Add the sugar, vanilla and mint and toss to coat.
- Serve salad immediately, it's best enjoyed the day it's made.