These cookies are as easy as 1-2-3-4. Peanut butter, sugar, baking soda, and an egg. That’s it!

The past few weeks have been sort of a whirlwind, though I’m not sure why. Life just gets filled up with life, I guess. I haven’t been in the kitchen nearly as much as I’d like, and I’ve really been missing it. I hope to spend a nice long day alone with my baking very soon. Maybe another seasonal pie. Or a fall themed cake.

Cookie Dough

But for now, I’ve been doing a lot of quick and easy baking. Not to say I haven’t enjoyed it, who doesn’t love easy? These simple cookies are one of my favorite new discoveries. Who knew that four simple ingredients could produce such a cookie.

If I didn’t tell you they were flourless, you might not have guessed. I thought they might be too crumbly, that the limited ingredients wouldn’t be enough to hold it all together. Not only did they hold up, but they were the perfect combination of crunchy exterior meets soft crumbly interior.

If you’re a peanut butter cookie fan, you have to try this recipe.

Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies

Yield: Approximately 15 cookies

Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies

• 1 cup (270 grams) natural style peanut butter, crunchy or smooth
  • 1 cup (200 grams) granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 large egg

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
  2. In a large bowl, combine the peanut butter, sugar, baking soda and egg.
  3. Shape into rounded tablespoons and place on prepared sheet pan. Use the tines of a fork to create a crosshatch pattern.
  4. Bake until puffed and bottoms are golden, about 10-12 minutes. Let cool on the sheet pan 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to several days.

Recipe adapted from The Gourmet Cookbook.

13 Responses to Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies

1. Becki's Whole Life says:

I am always so surprised when I see flourless cookies and they really look like there is flour in them. Ok, I am making these – your pictures look so yummy!

2. Tara @ Chip Chip Hooray says:

Fantastic! I love how easy it is to make these cookies, and they still taste so yummy. :)

3. Sylvia@peachesanddonuts says:

These look delicious! I love peanut butter anything but my hubby doesn't…hmm, wonder if i'll be able to win him over with these divine looking things!

4. Alison @ Ingredients, Inc. says:

omg I"m in heaven!

5. Robyn says:

Just made 'em. Added about a cup of unsweetened coconut for extra deliciousness. They're awesome–this recipe is totally a keeper for cool nights when I'm low on time and my pantry's low on ingredients!

6. Katy says:

Bookmarked! These look great for the weekend.

7. Erin @ Cooking on Whim says:

Love the simplicity. Perfect for a lazy baking day, in my case! Thanks for the inspiration!

You can't go wrong with flourless PB cookies! The only problem is I eat them all since Josh is allergic:)

I like baking like I like my one night stands … Quick , easy and fun (; Thanks for the recipe , these cookies were tasty !

10. This is perfect for tonight! I’m roasting a chicken, so I’ll have plenty of time to whip this up and toss them in the oven with the bird. We are peanut butter fans, and we eat and cook gluten free at home. Nothing we need to replace or adapt here! Thanks for such an easy indulgence :)

Cuisinart 12 cup food processor

11. Just an update – did make these tonight. My husband told our daughters (with a sly look on his face) that they really wouldn’t like them and they shouldn’t have ANY of them. LOL… ;)

Yes, we’ll be making these again!

Cuisinart 12 cup food processor

12. Harvy Rae says:

I love these cookies! They’re fast, easy, and great for lactose intolerant folks (like my boyfriend, who begs me to make them for him again constantly) Thanks! :)