IPeach Sangria Sorbet

For me, this is the Summer of Sangria. I cannot get enough. It seems every weekend I’m pouring some wine, whatever liqueur I have on hand, and some fruit together in a pitcher, either to share with friends or enjoy with my husband. A glass of chilled sangria out on our deck in the evening is my new favorite thing.

I have to give some credit to Tina of My Life as a Mrs. whose sangria recipe essentially started this whole thing. Her recipe was easy and everything I hoped a homemade sangria would be. It also inspired a lot of experimentation, partly out of curiosity, but also because sometimes it’s easier to raid the pantry than go to the grocery store. And you know what I’ve discovered? It’s hard to mess us sangria.

Peach Sangria

I love a traditional red wine sangria, but I’ve found that white wine works just as well. It’s lighter and seems even more appropriate on hot summer days, which so many of us have been enduring lately.

With sangria on my mind so much recently, it was only a matter of time before I thought to turn it into a frozen dessert. And since fresh peaches have finally returned to my local markets it made sense for me to include them somehow. The flavors of white wine and the peaches belong together in this sorbet, almost as if they were destined to be together.

I created this recipe with the hope that it really would be a scoop-able form of the beverage, and before being poured into my ice cream machine, I gladly would have drank it up. It’s simple— some white wine, peach schnapps, an entire peach blended in and a hint of mint. I substituted a simple syrup of water and sugar for some of the liqueur to aid in freezing, but even with it the sorbet is very soft. It’s firm enough to be eaten with a spoon, but soft enough that if you take your time, you might need to sip it near the end, which in my opinion, is a definite bonus.

Peach Sangria Sorbet

2 cups dry white wine*
1/2 cup peach schnapps
1 cup water
2/3 cup sugar
2 sprigs of mint
1 large peach, peeled and sliced

Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium high heat. Stir until the sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat, cover, and let sit for 15 minutes. Remove the mint sprigs. Pour the mixture into a blender and puree until smooth. Pour through a strainer into a medium bowl. Chill completely.

Freeze in an ice cream machine according to manufacturer’s instruction. Sorbet will be very soft. Spoon into a medium bowl and let firm up in the freezer for at least 2 hours before serving.

*I used dry Riesling.

16 Responses to Peach Sangria Sorbet

1. Rebecca says:

Oh my goodness, this looks delicious! I wish I had an ice cream maker! Though I might just have to make the sangria anyway. Mmmm, I can almost taste it already. Yum!

Rebecca {hearts} Salt Lake City

• Willow says:

W/out freezer, try putting the mix in a metal pan, cover w/foil, and stir every 15-20 min. It won’t be quite as smooth, but still taste pretty darn good.

2. Alli says:

What a great idea to combine happy hour with dessert!

3. Sinful Sundays says:

How pretty! This looks refreshingly delicious. :)

4. marla says:

Such an elegant sorbet. The white wine sangria is a great idea!

5. kankana says:

I am a wine person and this would be such a perfect treat.. first time in your blog and it's so gorgeous.

6. Kulsum@JourneyKitchen says:

very elegant. Love peaches :-)

7. purabi naha says:

Your creation is too tempting! What a lovely way to beat the heat with peaches!

8. Becky at VintageMixer says:

lovely photos! I've been wanting to try a white sangria…I'll be giving this recipe a try soon.

9. Tammy says:

Wonder how this would work in a VitaMix. If there is ice in it, it will blend and freeze the sorbet?

You could certainly try it. It will probably turn out more like a slushy beverage than a sorbet, but I’m sure it would be delicious!

10. [...] Sangria Sorbet (from Completely Delicious) [...]

11. […] Cheese, Plum and Berry Crostini by meBlackberry Lime Muffins by Two Peas and Their PodPeach Sangria Sorbet by Completely DeliciousRoasted Red Pepper and Chicken Panini with Garlic Basil Mayo by Foodie From […]

12. Michelle says:

This looks delicious! If I wanted to make just peach sangria (not the sorbet), how would I need to adjust the recipe? Just leave off the adding it to an ice cream maker part? Thanks!

I’d probably prepare the sangria without the water and sugar – so just white wine, peach schnapps, mint and sliced peaches. Sounds delicious, I might have to make some for myself! :)