Baking your pie crust until it is partially or completely set helps keep the bottom of the crust from getting soggy while it bakes. This is particularly helpful in recipes with a very wet filling. Here’s how to do it:
- Prepare pie crust according to recipe instructions.
- Transfer pie crust to pie dish and freeze for at least 30 minutes.
- Line with parchment paper or greased foil and fill completely with pie weights or dried beans/rice.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until edges appear set.
- Lift parchment/foil and beans out of crust and bake for 5 minutes more until bottom is set.
- Let cool or use immediately.