Bubble baths and sweatpants.
Cherry coke and waffle cut french fries.
Dog kisses and long naps.
Downton Abbey and Pinterest.
These are all a few of my current favorite things. I can’t get enough of ‘em. And because of these mini tarts I’ve got something new to add to the list, mushrooms and puff pastry.
Who knew that mushrooms sauteed with shallots, garlic, and rosemary would be so delicious baked into a puff pastry shell? It’s like they were made for each other.
I’ve been allowing myself far too many cookies and other sweet baked goods lately, it was nice to take a break with this simple savory appetizer. Thanks to frozen puff pastry, they’re a cinch to put together and are perfect for everything from a dinner party to a Superbowl spread. Or even a simple lunch served alongside a salad.
Mini mushroom tarts, a new favorite thing.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 tablespoons (28 grams) unsalted butter
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 cups (350 grams) mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon (about 1 sprig) fresh rosemary, chopped
- ½ cup (30 grams) parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease a mini tart or muffin pan.
- In a large saute pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook until soft and translucent, about 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and garlic and saute until mushrooms are soft, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the rosemary and salt and pepper to taste. Set the mixture aside to cool slightly.
- On a lightly floured surfaced, roll out the puff pastry till it is about doubled in size. Cut into rounds to fit inside the mini tart or muffin pan. Press the rounds into the pan.
- In a medium bowl combine the egg, cream, parmesan cheese, and mushroom mixture. Spoon into the prepared mini tart shells. Bake until golden and bubbly, about 15-17 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes in the pan, then serve immediately.
- While best served immediately, store mini tarts in an airtight container in the fridge. Reheat in a 350 degree F oven for 5-7 minutes.
You may also like these posts:
This page contains affiliate links, which provide me a small percentage of all purchases made through them.