Hummus and Salad Flatbread Pizza
A quick and easy light meal or appetizer!
- 2 medium flatbread or pita bread
- 1 cup prepared hummus
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1 cup pea shoots
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper , to taste
- 1/4 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
Preheat broiler on high for a few minutes.
Plate flatbread or pita bread on a sheet pan and toast for 3-4 minutes until warm and edges are crispy.
Remove from oven and immediately spread hummus on top.
In a bowl, toss together the arugula, pea shoots, parsley, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Pile on top of the two pizzas. Top with parmesan cheese and pine nuts.
Slice and serve immediately.
Adapted from Food and Wine.
- Feel free to use any greens or lettuce you'd like on this pizza.
- To toast pine nuts: set in a clean pan over medium low heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring once or twice, until lightly browned.
Sodium: 350mg, Calcium: 119mg, Vitamin C: 49mg, Vitamin A: 861IU, Sugar: 1g, Fiber: 5g, Potassium: 248mg, Cholesterol: 4mg, Calories: 230kcal, Saturated Fat: 3g, Fat: 17g, Protein: 10g, Carbohydrates: 11g, Iron: 2mg