The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
Classic chocolate chip cookies have never been better! These cookies have crisp edges and soft centers, the best buttery flavor, and puddles of chocolate throughout.
- ¾ cup salted butter (1½ sticks, 170 grams)
- ½ cup granulated sugar (100 grams)
- 1 cup packed light or dark brown sugar (213 grams)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ½ cup all-purpose flour (330 grams)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips or chunks , see Notes (340 grams)
Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla until light and creamy, 3-4 minutes. Stop to scrape down then bowl once or twice.
Add the eggs, beating after each and scraping down the bowl at least once.
Add the flour, baking soda, and salt and mix until almost combined. Add the chocolate and mix briefly until incorporated.
Portion equally (I use a #40 3 Tbsp scoop) and roll into rounds. Space evenly a few inches apart on prepared sheet pan.
Bake for 9-11 minutes until edges are golden and top is set but not at all browned.
Let cool on the sheet pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- I like to use a combination of chocolate chips and chopped chocolate (1 cup of each) for varying texture and appearance.
- Cookie dough can be stored in the fridge for at least a week, so bake cookies fresh when you want them!
- Cookie dough can also be stored in the freezer.
Calories: 243kcal, Carbohydrates: 31g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 12g, Saturated Fat: 7g, Cholesterol: 30mg, Sodium: 203mg, Potassium: 118mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 19g, Vitamin A: 205IU, Calcium: 23mg, Iron: 2mg