Peanut Butter Blossoms
An absolute classic! Soft peanut butter cookies topped with a Hershey's chocolate kiss.
- ½ cup unsalted butter , at room temperature (113 grams)
- ¾ cup peanut butter, crunchy or creamy (185 grams)
- ⅓ cup packed light or dark brown sugar (75 grams)
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar (80 grams)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (250 grams)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (2 grams)
- ½ teaspoon salt (2 grams)
- 24 Hershey’s chocolate kisses , unwrapped
- About ⅓ cup granulated sugar , for rolling cookies (75 grams)
Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and sugar. Beat together on medium high speed until light and creamy, about 4-5 minutes, scraping down the bowl as necessary. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
Add the flour, baking soda, and salt and mix until just combined. Roll dough by the tablespoon into a ball and roll the ball in sugar until it is coated completely. Place on the prepared sheet pan about 2 inches apart.
Bake until cookies are beginning to crack on the surface and the bottoms just begin to brown, about 10 minutes. Immediately after removing cookies from the oven, place a Hershey’s kiss in the center of each cookie, pressing it down gently. Let sit on the pan for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store cookies in an air tight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Calories: 95kcal, Carbohydrates: 10g, Protein: 2g, Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 10mg, Sodium: 72mg, Potassium: 35mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 6g, Vitamin A: 64IU, Calcium: 14mg, Iron: 1mg