Soft and Chewy Chocolate Cookies
Soft and chewy chocolate cookies are dense and intensely chocolaty.
- ¾ cup unsalted butter , at room temperature (170 grams)
- 1 ½ cup granulated sugar (300 grams)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (240 grams)
- ⅔ cup cocoa powder (60 grams)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips , optional (170 grams)
- Granulated sugar , for sprinkling, optional
Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar on medium high speed until light and creamy, about 4 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each. Add the vanilla. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Add to the mixer and mix until just combined. Add the chocolate chips, if using.
Scoop by the rounded tablespoon onto the prepared sheet pan and sprinkle with granulated sugar.
Bake until edges are crisp, about 9 minutes. Let cool on the pan for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Repeat with remaining cookie dough.
Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for several days.
Calories: 192kcal, Carbohydrates: 26g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Cholesterol: 29mg, Sodium: 102mg, Potassium: 97mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 15g, Vitamin A: 201IU, Calcium: 13mg, Iron: 1mg