Homemade cherry limeade made with sweet cherries and freshly squeezed lime juice. A perfectly refreshing summer beverage!
- 2 cups cherries , pitted (385 grams)
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar (133 grams)
- ⅔ cup water (157 ml)
- ½ cup fresh lime juice (118 ml, approximately 3-4 limes)
- 2 cups club soda or sparkling water , chilled (473 ml)
- Lime wedges , for garnish
In a food processor or blender, puree the cherries until smooth. Strain the liquid with a mesh strainer.
In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and water. Bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Remove from heat and combine with the cherry juice and lime juice.
Chill mixture completely.
Put chilled cherry-lime mixture into a pitcher and top with club soda and ice. Serve with lime wedges.
Calories: 120kcal, Carbohydrates: 31g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 2mg, Potassium: 126mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 28g, Vitamin A: 40IU, Vitamin C: 9mg, Calcium: 9mg, Iron: 1mg