Strawberry Chocolate Fool
An easy mousse-like dessert with fresh strawberries and chopped chocolate.
- 2 ounces chocolate , finely chopped (56 grams)
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced (240 grams)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar (70 grams)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
Place 3/4 cup (90 grams) of the strawberries in a medium bowl. Add the sugar, vanilla extract, and pinch of salt. Use a fork to mash the berries and chill the mixture in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Whip the heavy whipping cream to stiff peaks with a stand mixer or a hand mixer. Fold the chilled strawberry mixture and the chopped chocolate into the whipped cream.
Spoon into glass serving dishes, alternating in layers with the remaining chopped strawberries. Top with additional chopped chocolate and a strawberry.
- Use dark, semi-sweet, or milk chocolate. Whatever fits your preference.
Calories: 632kcal, Carbohydrates: 64g, Protein: 4g, Fat: 43g, Saturated Fat: 26g, Cholesterol: 122mg, Sodium: 40mg, Potassium: 369mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 55g, Vitamin A: 1312IU, Vitamin C: 85mg, Calcium: 88mg, Iron: 1mg