Spring Veggie Lettuce Wraps
Asian lettuce wraps filled with spring vegetables like asparagus, mushrooms, broccoli and peas. A fresh and healthy weeknight meal!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 small shallot , thinly sliced
- 1 clove of garlic , minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger , thinly sliced
- 1 cup asparagus , chopped
- 1 cup cremini or button mushrooms , chopped
- 1 cup small broccoli florets
- ½ cup fresh peas
- 2 green onions , chopped
- ¼ cup water chestnuts , sliced
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 1 head butter bibb, boston or iceberg lettuce
- ¼ cup cashews , chopped
- Cilantro , for garnish
- Toasted sesame seeds , for garnish
Heat the olive oil and sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Add the shallot, garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant and translucent, about 2 minutes. Add the asparagus, mushrooms, broccoli, and peas and cook until tender, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the green onions, water chestnuts, and hoisin sauce and cook for 1 minute.
Serve immediately, spooning the vegetable mixture into the lettuce leaves. Top with cashews, cilantro and sesame seeds.
Sodium: 153mg, Calcium: 30mg, Vitamin C: 18mg, Vitamin A: 635IU, Sugar: 6g, Fiber: 3g, Potassium: 289mg, Cholesterol: 1mg, Calories: 107kcal, Saturated Fat: 1g, Fat: 6g, Protein: 3g, Carbohydrates: 12g, Iron: 1mg