Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
This chicken bacon ranch pasta is an easy meal the whole family will love. It's filled with chicken breast, crispy bacon, fresh herbs, and smothered with a rich sour cream sauce.
- 8 oz penne pasta
- 4 slices bacon , chopped
- 8 oz chicken breast , cubed
- Salt and pepper
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sour cream , at room temperature (see Notes)
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill , chopped (see Notes)
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives , chopped (see Notes)
In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta until al dente (use pasta box as a guide for time). Drain.
While pasta is cooking, cook bacon in a large skillet over medium high heat until crispy, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
Add cubed chicken to the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5-8 minutes until browned and cooked through. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside with the bacon.
Add butter, room temperature sour cream, and garlic to the skillet and melt over low heat, stirring until smooth.
Return chicken and bacon to the skillet along with the drained pasta and stir to combine with the sauce. Add dill and chives and season with more salt and pepper as needed.
- Other short pastas will work, such as shells, rotini, or farfalle.
- It's important sour cream is at room temperature, or the sauce may curdle.
- In place of fresh herbs you can substitute for ½ teaspoon dried dill and 1 teaspoon dried chives.
Calories: 404kcal, Carbohydrates: 30g, Protein: 16g, Fat: 24g, Saturated Fat: 13g, Cholesterol: 79mg, Sodium: 257mg, Potassium: 307mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 2g, Vitamin A: 563IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 57mg, Iron: 1mg