Chocolate Zucchini Bread
This moist chocolate quick bread filled with chocolate chunks and shredded zucchini is perfect for summer baking!
- 1 1/2 cup fresh grated zucchini (about 1 medium, 225 grams)
- 1 cup all purpose flour (120 grams)
- 1/2 cup cocoa (43 grams)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (125 ml)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (100 grams)
- 1/2 cup light or dark brown sugar (105 grams)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate chunks or chips (85 grams)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 x 4 inch loaf pan. If desired, line with parchment.
In a medium bowl combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and allspice.
In a separate bowl combine the oil, sugars, eggs and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients in two additions, mixing between each until the batter is just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips and shredded zucchini.
Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan and bake for about 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Let the bread rest for about 10 minutes in the pan, then turn it out and cool completely on a cooling rack before slicing.
Calories: 299kcal, Carbohydrates: 38g, Protein: 4g, Fat: 16g, Saturated Fat: 12g, Cholesterol: 33mg, Sodium: 187mg, Potassium: 215mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 25g, Vitamin A: 85IU, Vitamin C: 3mg, Calcium: 34mg, Iron: 2mg