The Best Burgers
A classic burger recipe that's uncomplicated and delicious! These burgers are super flavorful and very juicy.
For the patties:
- 2 1/2 lbs ground chuck (1 kg 100 grams), preferably 80% lean
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worchestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh herbs like sage, oregano, or rosemary
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
To serve (optional):
- 6 hamburger buns
- Tomatoes , sliced
- Cheese and other toppings , as desired
In a large bowl combine the ground beef with the salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and herbs with your hands.
Divide mixture into 6 balls. Press into a disk about 3/4 inch high.
Brush both sides lightly with oil. Cover and chill until ready to grill, up to 8 hours.
Grill over high heat, about 4-5 minutes on each side until internal temperature reaches 165°F and no pink remains. If adding cheese, place on the top of the patty during the last 30 seconds of cooking. Serve immediately as desired.
Calories: 645kcal, Carbohydrates: 22g, Protein: 37g, Fat: 44g, Saturated Fat: 15g, Cholesterol: 134mg, Sodium: 749mg, Potassium: 587mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 3g, Vitamin A: 10IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 111mg, Iron: 5mg