Fresh Corn and Tomato Caprese Pasta Salad
This fresh corn, tomatoes, pesto and mozzarella salad is perfect for summer!
- 3 ears fresh corn on the cob
- 8 oz dried short pasta , such as shells, penne or macaroni
- 8 oz mini mozzarella balls , halved
- 10 oz cherry or grape tomatoes , halved
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- About 1-3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper , to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped basil
Cook the corn: in boiling water for 5 minutes, or on the grill for 10 minutes. Let cool then remove kernels from the cob.
Add pasta to a pot of boiling salted water and cook according to package directions until al dente. Drain and transfer to a large bowl to cool slightly.
Add corn kernels, mozzarella, tomatoes, pesto, and enough olive oil to make a loose dressing with the pesto. Toss until combined.
Add salt and pepper as needed. Stir in basil.
Serve immediately or chill in the fridge for up to 8 hours.