Ground Beef, Black Bean, and Corn Burritos
These burritos stuffed with ground beef, black beans, corn, rice and cheddar cheese are a quick and easy weeknight meal the whole family will love!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 15- oz can black beans , rinsed
- 1 cup corn , canned or frozen
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 8 large tortillas
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 cup salsa or pico de gallo
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
Preheat a skillet over medium high heat. Add olive oil and ground beef. Cook until browned and completely cooked through, about 7-10 minutes.
Stir in beans, corn, and taco seasoning. Continue to cook for 1-2 minutes more. Remove from heat.
To assemble burritos, heat tortillas in microwave or in a dry skillet until warm. This will make them easier to work with.
Place some ground beef mixture and rice in the bottom third of a tortilla and top with cheese, salsa, and cilantro.
Fold sides of tortilla up and then tightly roll it all together.
Serve immediately, or "set" burrito in a 350 degrees oven for 5 minutes, or gently brown seam side-down in a dry skillet for a few minutes.
- This tutorial came in handy for me: the right way to wrap a burrito.
- Burritos can be stored in the freezer (well-wrapped) for up to a month. Reheat in a microwave for 4 minutes or in a 400°F oven for 30 minutes.
Calories: 466kcal, Carbohydrates: 42g, Protein: 23g, Fat: 23g, Saturated Fat: 10g, Cholesterol: 63mg, Sodium: 833mg, Potassium: 543mg, Fiber: 6g, Sugar: 4g, Vitamin A: 464IU, Vitamin C: 3mg, Calcium: 228mg, Iron: 4mg