These crepes are delicious and so easy to make at home.
For the crepes:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (¼ cup, 56 grams)
- 1 ½ cups whole milk (375 ml)
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour (90 grams)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar (50 grams)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- Sliced strawberries or other fruit
- Whipped cream
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Powdered sugar
To make the crepes:
Melt the butter in a 9-inch stainless or nonstick skillet over medium low heat.
In a blender, combine the butter, milk, eggs, flour, sugar, vanilla, and salt until combined and no lumps remain, about 20-30 seconds.
Add 1/4 cup crepe batter while tiling the pan and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan as needed. Let cook for about 2 minutes minutes, until lightly browned, loosening the edges and center with a spatula as it cooks.
Flip and cook on the other side for an additional minute. Flip out onto a plate and repeat with remaining batter.
Flip cooked crepe out onto a plate and repeat with remaining batter.
Serve with desired toppings. Crepes can be served warm or at room temperature.
- The batter can be made in advance and stored in the fridge for up to 24 hours. I like to make crepe batter the night before for easy crepe-making in the morning.
- Whole milk is preferred, but 2% will work okay too.
- This video helpfully demonstrates how to tilt and swirl the pan when adding batter.
Calories: 112kcal, Carbohydrates: 12g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 2g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 55mg, Sodium: 28mg, Potassium: 71mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 6g, Vitamin A: 225IU, Calcium: 46mg, Iron: 1mg