Cucumber Bites with Corn and Red Pepper Salad
Individual cucumber bites topped with a corn and red pepper salad filled with feta, basil, and a creamy dressing.
- 4 ears corn on the cob
- 1 red bell pepper , small dice chop
- ½ red onion , small dice chop
- ½ lemon , juiced
- ¼ cup mayonnaise or plain greek yogurt
- 4 oz feta cheese , crumbled
- ½ cup fresh basil , chopped, divided
- Salt and pepper , to taste
- 2 cucumbers , peeled as desired and sliced into rounds
Grill corn on the cob over medium high heat until lightly charred on all sides, about 5-7 minutes.
Remove from heat and slice kernels off of the cob.
In a large bowl, toss corn kernels with red pepper, red onion, garlic, lemon juice, mayonnaise or greek yogurt, feta cheese, and half of the basil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Use a spoon and your fingers to carefully mound corn and red pepper salad on top of cucumber rounds. Garnish with remaining chopped basil.
- If you wish to prep this recipe in advance, slice cucumber rounds and mix salad. Store separately in the fridge and assemble just before serving.
- This recipe can also be made into an easy and delicious salad! Chop cucumbers into small dice and mix with the rest of the salad ingredients and serve as is.
Calories: 95kcal, Carbohydrates: 9g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 10mg, Sodium: 141mg, Potassium: 192mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 4g, Vitamin A: 495IU, Vitamin C: 19mg, Calcium: 58mg, Iron: 1mg