Hot Fudge Sauce
This is the richest, most chocolaty hot fudge sauce you've ever tasted! It's the perfect topping for ice cream and other desserts.
- 4 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate , chopped or use chips
- ⅓ cup full-fat half and half
- 2 tablespoons butter , cut into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Add chocolate, half and half, and cubed butter to a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan filled with simmering water.
Stir chocolate mixture as it melts, it will be lumpy and grainy at first, but will come together once chocolate is fully melted. Stir until smooth.
Remove from heat and stir in light corn syrup and vanilla extract.
Use immediately or store for later use. Hot fudge will keep in the fridge for several weeks.
To reheat, microwave in 30 second bursts and stir until smooth.
- This recipe makes 1 cup hot fudge sauce. Recipe can be doubled or tripled as needed.
- You can use high quality chocolate or generic chocolate chips, but higher quality chocolate will produce the best flavor.
Calories: 129kcal, Carbohydrates: 10g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Cholesterol: 12mg, Sodium: 32mg, Potassium: 93mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 7g, Vitamin A: 130IU, Calcium: 19mg, Iron: 1mg