No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Bars
These no-bake strawberry cheesecake bars are a fun, easy, and delicious summer dessert!
Graham Cracker Crust:
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 16 full cracker sheets)
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup packed light or dark brown sugar (55 grams)
- ½ cup butter , melted (225 grams)
- 16 ounces full-fat cream cheese (455 grams, 2 bricks)
- ½ cup granulated sugar (100 grams)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup heavy whipping cream (375 ml)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 ½ lb strawberries , hulled and chopped small (680 grams)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (200 grams)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
To prepared the crust:
Combine graham cracker crumbs with salt, brown sugar, and melted butter until incorporated.
Press mixture evenly into a 9x13 inch baking pan lined with parchment or foil.
Chill in the fridge while you prepare the filling.
To prepare the filling:
With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese for 2 minutes until smooth.
Add sugar and vanilla and beat for another 2-3 minutes until light, smooth, and creamy. Scrape down the bowl once or twice to make sure all lumps are incorporated.
In a separate bowl (if using a stand mixer, transfer cream cheese mixture to another bowl), beat heavy whipping cream to medium peaks.
Gently fold whipping cream into the cream cheese mixture in 2 additions, mixing only until filling is smooth.
Spread filling over the crust and chill in the fridge while you prepare the topping.
To make the topping:
Combine water and cornstarch together to make a slurry and add to a medium saucepan.
Add sugar and strawberries and set over medium high heat. Bring to a boil and then simmer for about 10 minutes. During this time the strawberries will release their juices and then thicken slightly.
Stir in lemon juice.
Use a slotted spoon to scoop strawberries out of the saucepan and spoon on top of the cheesecake into an even layer. Some liquid will still be in the pan once you've removed all the strawberries, discard it.
Chill the cheesecake in the fridge completely until it's set up, 6-8 hours or overnight.
To slice, use the edges of the parchment or foil to lift the cheesecake bars out of the pan and transfer them to a cutting board. Use a sharp knife, wiping it clean in between slices.
Cheesecake bars should be stored in the fridge.
- You will not need all of the strawberry sauce liquid. Use a slotted spoon to scoop up strawberries, and discard what's left in the pan.
- Do not try to rush chilling time. It will need at least 6 hours to set up before slicing, but I recommend chilling it overnight.
Calories: 249kcal, Carbohydrates: 24g, Protein: 2g, Fat: 17g, Saturated Fat: 10g, Cholesterol: 51mg, Sodium: 147mg, Potassium: 96mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 18g, Vitamin A: 594IU, Vitamin C: 17mg, Calcium: 41mg, Iron: 1mg