Funfetti Cupcakes for Two
This small-batch recipe makes just two perfect vanilla funfetti cupcakes.
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar (22 grams)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter , melted and cooled (28 grams)
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoons almond extract
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour (30 grams)
- ¼ heaping teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1 ½ tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon rainbow sprinkles (15 grams)
- 1 cup powdered sugar , sifted (100 grams)
- ¼ cup unsalted butter , at room temperature (57 grams)
- ½-1 tablespoon milk
- Pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- Rainbow sprinkles , for decorating
To make the cupcakes:
Preheat the oven to 350°F and place two cupcake liners in a muffin pan.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg white, sugar, and vanilla extract. Stir in the melted butter. Add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the milk and then the sprinkles. Divide the batter evenly between the two cupcake liners.
Bake the cupcakes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 12-15 minutes. Let cool completely.
To make the buttercream frosting:
In a medium bowl, use a hand-held mixer to beat the powdered sugar, unsalted butter, ½ tablespoon milk, salt, and vanilla and almond extract to beat on low until combined. Increase speed high and beat until smooth and fluffy, 2-3 minutes. Add the additional ½ tablespoon of milk if necessary to get a spreadable consistency.
Spread on cooled cupcakes. Top with sprinkles, if desired.
- "Non-pareils" sprinkles will bleed their color into the batter. It's best to use "jimmies" or "confetti" sprinkles instead.
- You will have leftover buttercream frosting. Enjoy!
Calories: 685kcal, Carbohydrates: 90g, Protein: 4g, Fat: 35g, Saturated Fat: 22g, Cholesterol: 93mg, Sodium: 38mg, Potassium: 24mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 76g, Vitamin A: 1059IU, Calcium: 20mg, Iron: 1mg