Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip and Hazelnut Cookies
A new chocolate chip cookie you're sure to love, with whole wheat flour and hazelnuts.
- ¾ cup unsalted butter , at room temperature (169 grams)
- 1 cup brown sugar (213 grams)
- ½ cup granulated sugar (100 grams)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup whole wheat flour (170 grams)
- ½ cup hazelnut flour (44 grams)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips (1 package, 283 grams)
- 1 cup hazelnuts , chopped (142 grams)
Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or with a hand-held mixer, beat the butter and sugars on medium high speed until light and creamy, about 3-4 minutes. Scrape down the bowl as needed. Add the egg and vanilla.
In a separate bowl, combine the flour, hazelnut flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until incorporated, mixture may be a little crumbly. Mix in the chocolate chips and chopped hazelnuts.
Drop cookies by the rounded tablespoon onto the prepared sheet pan. Bake until golden brown, about 10-12 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes on the pan, then move to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week.
- Look for hazelnuts (or filberts, as they're also known) in the bulk section of a specialty supermarket. I use Bob's Red Mill hazelnut flour. If you're having trouble locating either near you, buy online.
- If you would like to omit the hazelnut flour, simply leave it out and increase the whole wheat flour to 2 cups (226 grams).
Sodium: 71mg, Calcium: 67mg, Vitamin C: 1mg, Vitamin A: 187IU, Sugar: 19g, Fiber: 2g, Potassium: 173mg, Cholesterol: 22mg, Calories: 258kcal, Saturated Fat: 8g, Fat: 15g, Protein: 4g, Carbohydrates: 28g, Iron: 1mg