Two-Minute Chocolate Mug Cake
A quick and easy microwavable chocolate cake for when you need a chocolate fix.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¼ cup whole milk (60 ml)
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup self-rising flour (40 grams)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar (50 grams)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (10 grams)
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (43 grams)
In a small bowl, whisk together the vegetable oil, milk, egg and vanilla. Add the flour, sugar, and cocoa and whisk to combine.
Divide the chocolate chips between two medium microwave-safe mugs. Pour batter into the mugs over the chocolate chips.
Microwave on "high" for 90 seconds. Check to see if the cakes are puffed and bounce back after being lightly touched. If not, microwave for an additional 30 seconds. Serve immediately.
- If you don't have self-rising flour, you can substitute for 1/3 cup all-purpose flour + 1/4 teaspoon baking powder + pinch of salt.
- Recipe inspired by The Lucky Peach Magazine.