Granola Breakfast Cookies
Perfect for on the go - breakfast cookies with reduced fat and sugar, and packed with granola, nuts, coconut and dried fruit.
- ½ cup unsalted butter , at room temperature (113 grams)
- ½ cup packed light or dark brown sugar (105 grams)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar (50 grams)
- ¼ cup plain yogurt (57 grams)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (240 grams)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups granola (340 grams)
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut (43 grams)
- ½ cup pecans (55 grams)
- ½ cup dried cherries (70 grams)
Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, or in a bowl with a hand-held mixer, beat the butter and sugars on high speed until smooth and creamy, about 3 minutes. Mix in the yogurt, followed by the egg and the vanilla. Mixture will look a little curdled.
In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Add it to the mixer and mix until combined. Add the granola, coconut, pecans and cherries.
Drop by the rounded tablespoon onto the prepared sheet pan. Use your hand or the back of a greased spoon to flatten each round.
Bake until edges turn brown, about 8-10 minutes. Let cool on the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Calories: 208kcal, Carbohydrates: 28g, Protein: 4g, Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 17mg, Sodium: 59mg, Potassium: 102mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 11g, Vitamin A: 220IU, Calcium: 28mg, Iron: 1mg