Coconut Banana Bread with Walnuts
A quick and easy banana bread filled with coconut and chopped walnuts.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour (180 grams)
- 1 cup brown sugar (215 grams)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup coconut oil , melted (see Notes) (105 grams)
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup whole milk (80 ml)
- 1 cup mashed banana (225 grams, about 2 medium bananas)
- 1 cup flaked or shredded coconut (see Notes) (113 grams)
- ½ cup walnuts , chopped (55 grams)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan and line with parchment paper.
In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, ground cinnamon, and salt. In a separate bowl, combine the melted coconut oil, eggs, milk and mashed bananas. Add to the dry ingredients and mix until a few streaks of flour remain. Add the coconut and walnuts and mix until incorporated.
Dump batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake until bread is golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Let cool 10 minutes in the pan, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store bread in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- I like to use unsweetened coconut in my baking, to not add any extra sweetness to the finished product. However, if sweetened is all you can find, that will work too.
- You can substitute 1/2 cup (113 grams) melted butter for the coconut oil, if desired.
Calories: 368kcal, Carbohydrates: 47g, Protein: 5g, Fat: 19g, Saturated Fat: 13g, Cholesterol: 34mg, Sodium: 272mg, Potassium: 213mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 29g, Vitamin A: 76IU, Vitamin C: 2mg, Calcium: 43mg, Iron: 2mg