Chocolate Raspberry Bundt Cake
A rich chocolate bundt cake filled with fresh raspberries is the perfect dessert, especially topped with whipped cream and more raspberries.
- 2 ½ cup all-purpose flour (300 grams)
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa (85 grams)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 ¼ cup unsalted butter , at room temperature (280 grams)
- 2 cups granulated sugar (400 grams)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 ½ cup buttermilk (355 ml)
- 1 cup fresh raspberries (120 grams)
- Powdered sugar , for serving
- Whipped cream , for serving
- Additional raspberries , for serving
Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and flour a 9-inch bundt pan.
In a bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs, mixing after each, and stir in the vanilla. Add the dry ingredients in 3 additions, alternating with the buttermilk, scraping down the bowl as needed.
Spoon the batter in the prepared bundt pan. Sprinkle the raspberries over the top, they will sink as the cake bakes. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs, about 45-60 minutes.
Let cool completely in the pan, then turn out onto a cake stand or plate. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve whipped cream and additional raspberries, if desired.
Calories: 541kcal, Carbohydrates: 72g, Protein: 8g, Fat: 27g, Saturated Fat: 16g, Cholesterol: 114mg, Sodium: 569mg, Potassium: 256mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 43g, Vitamin A: 840IU, Vitamin C: 3mg, Calcium: 74mg, Iron: 3mg