Salted Caramel & Nutella Stuffed Double Chocolate Cookies
Rich brownie-like chocolate cookies stuffed with Nutella and caramel, and topped with fleur de sel.
- ½ cup unsalted butter (113 grams)
- 1 ½ cups packed dark or light brown sugar (320 grams)
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup cocoa powder (45 grams)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (240 grams)
- ½ cup 85 grams semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Approximately ½ cup Nutella or chocolate hazelnut spread (140 grams)
- 12 caramel-filled chocolates
- Coarse salt or fleur de sel , for sprinkling
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
In a medium saucepan, melt the butter. Remove from heat and stir in the brown sugar and eggs, mixing after each addition. Add the cocoa, salt and baking powder and stir until well combined. Add the flour and stir until a few streaks remain. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Place rounded tablespoons of dough on the prepared sheet pan. Use your finger to make a large indentation the center of the dough, and fill with a small spoonful of nutella (scant 1 teaspoon) and top with a caramel-filled chocolate. Take another rounded tablespoon of dough and flatten into a disk. Place on top of filled cookies and seal the edges.
Sprinkle with salt or fleur de sel. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Let cool on the pan 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack. Cookies are best when they are still warm.
Calories: 407kcal, Carbohydrates: 61g, Protein: 5g, Fat: 17g, Saturated Fat: 11g, Cholesterol: 49mg, Sodium: 86mg, Potassium: 254mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 40g, Vitamin A: 283IU, Calcium: 75mg, Iron: 3mg