Homemade Caramel Sauce
Rich and luscious caramel sauce can be yours in just a few minutes with only 5 ingredients!
Making Caramel - Dry Method
- 1 cup granulated sugar (200 grams)
Making Caramel - Wet Method
- 1 cups granulated sugar (200 grams)
- ¼ cup water (60 ml)
For the Caramel Sauce:
- Caramelized sugar from above
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream (178 ml)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (28 grams)
- ½-1 teaspoon salt , to taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Making Caramel - Method 1 (Wet Method):
Making Caramel - Method 2 (Dry Method):
To make the Caramel Sauce:
As soon as the caramel is dark amber in color, reduce heat to low, and gradually add the heavy cream while whisking constantly. Caramel will bubble violently.
Stir caramel sauce over low or medium heat until any clumps have dissolved and mixture is smooth.
Remove from heat and stir in butter, then vanilla and salt.
- Makes 1 ½ cup caramel sauce.
- If desired, stir in the seeds of 1 vanilla bean pod, and/or 1 tablespoon of bourbon or whisky into sauce along with vanilla extract.
Calories: 188kcal, Carbohydrates: 23g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Cholesterol: 34mg, Sodium: 138mg, Potassium: 15mg, Sugar: 22g, Vitamin A: 369IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 13mg