Apple Pear Praline Pie
Apples and pears baked together in a flaky butter pie crust and topped with a caramel pecan topping make this apple pear praline pie the perfect fall and holiday dessert.
For the pie:
- 1 double-crust pie recipe
- ¾ cup granulated sugar (150 grams)
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour (30 grams)
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 cups apples , peeled, cored, and sliced thin (380 grams)
- 4 cups pears , peeled, cored, and sliced thin (513 grams)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter , cubed (28 grams)
For the praline topping:
- ¼ cup unsalted butter (56 grams)
- ½ cup packed light or dark brown sugar (55 grams)
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- ¼ cup chopped pecans (25 grams)
Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
On a lightly floured surface, roll one pie crust out into a 13-inch circle. Transfer to a 9-inch baking dish. Roll out the second pie crust.
In a large bowl, toss together the sugar, flour, nutmeg, salt, apples, and pears. Dump into the pie crust lined pie dish. Top with the bits of butter. Place second pie crust on top. Tuck pie crust into dish and crimp as desired. Cut slits in the top crust for vents.
Place pie on the prepared sheet pan and cover with foil. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 20-30 minutes until crust is golden brown and filling is visibly bubbling through the vents.
In a small saucepan, melt the butter. Add the brown sugar and heavy cream and bring to a boil. Cook for 1 more minutes. Drizzle on top on the cooked pie and sprinkle with pecans. Return pie to oven and bake for 3-4 minutes, just until praline sauce is bubbly.
Remove and let cool at least 30 minutes before serving. Store leftovers in the fridge.
Sodium: 192mg, Calcium: 27mg, Vitamin C: 5mg, Vitamin A: 299IU, Sugar: 37g, Fiber: 4g, Potassium: 174mg, Cholesterol: 22mg, Calories: 348kcal, Saturated Fat: 7g, Fat: 15g, Protein: 2g, Carbohydrates: 54g, Iron: 1mg