Grilled Lemon-Cilantro Chicken and Veggie Skewers
A light and healthy summertime dinner - grilled chicken and veggies marinated with lemon and cilantro. Serve with a salad, rice, or quinoa for a complete meal.
For the marinade:
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup soy sauce (60 ml)
- ¼ cup olive oil (60 ml)
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
For the skewers:
- 1 lb chicken , cut into 1-inch cubes (455 grams)
- 1 medium zucchini , sliced
- 1 red bell pepper , cut into cubes
- 1 small red onion , cut into wedges
- 2 cups crimini, baby bella or button mushrooms , halved (155 grams)
- 2 lemons , halved
- Additional cilantro , for garnish
In a large bowl, combine the lemon juice, soy sauce, olive oil, salt, pepper and cilantro. Add the chicken and all vegetables and toss to coat. Cover and chill in the fridge for at least 1-2 hours and up to 8 hours.
Preheat grill to medium high heat. Place chicken and vegetables on metal or wood skewers. Brush lemon halves with marinade. Cook skewers on grill until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are softened, about 3-4 minutes on each side. While the skewers are cooking, place the lemons cut side-down on the grill for a few minutes until charred.
Squeeze grilled lemons over skewers and serve as desired with a salad, rice, quinoa, etc. Garnish with additional cilantro.
Calories: 300kcal, Carbohydrates: 13g, Protein: 15g, Fat: 22g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 41mg, Sodium: 1149mg, Potassium: 592mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 6g, Vitamin A: 1119IU, Vitamin C: 79mg, Calcium: 37mg, Iron: 2mg