Homemade Instant Oatmeal Mix
For mornings when you're in a rush, this homemade instant oatmeal mix is a great addition to your pantry.
- 5 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (500 grams)
- ⅓ - ½ cup packed light or dark brown sugar , depending on desired sweetness (66-105 grams)
- ½ cup powdered milk (42 grams)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup chopped dried fruit (approximately 75 grams)
- ⅔ cup chopped nuts (approximately 75 grams)
- ½ - 1 teaspoon cinnamon or nutmeg
In a food processor pulse the rolled oats 4-5 times, just until they start to break up. Remove about two-thirds of the oats (3 ⅓ cups, but no need to be exact) and pulse the remaining oats to a fine powder.
Combine the oats, sugar, powdered milk, salt and any optional additions. Store in a large airtight container or portion out into individual servings and store in zipped bags. Mix should keep for 1-2 months.
Sodium: 217mg, Calcium: 71mg, Vitamin C: 1mg, Vitamin A: 50IU, Sugar: 8g, Fiber: 3g, Potassium: 201mg, Cholesterol: 5mg, Calories: 178kcal, Saturated Fat: 1g, Fat: 4g, Protein: 6g, Carbohydrates: 31g, Iron: 2mg