Pear Walnut Crisp
A simple but satisfying fall dessert of pears baked with a walnut and oat crisp topping. Serve with whipped cream of ice cream if desired.
- 8 medium or large pears , peeled and sliced
- ⅓ cup packed light or dark brown sugar (37 grams)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour (80 grams)
- ½ cup old-fashioned rolled oats (50 grams)
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (56 grams)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter , at room temperature (85 grams)
- ⅓ cup packed light or dark brown sugar (38 grams)
Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a medium sized baking pan (approximately 6 quarts) with butter or nonstick cooking spray.
To prepare the filling toss together the sliced pears, brown sugar and cornstarch and dump into the prepared baking pan. Set aside.
In a small ball combine the flour, oats, walnuts baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, or in a large bowl with a hand-held mixer, beat the butter and brown sugar until light and creamy.
Scrape down the bowl and add the flour mixture all at once. Mix until incorporated, mixture will be crumbly. Press the mixture together with your hands and drop into clumps on top of the filling.
Bake crisp until golden brown on the top and filling is bubbling, about 35-45 minutes. Let cool slightly. May be served warm or at room temperature, with whipped cream or ice cream if desired. Store leftovers in the fridge.
Calories: 360kcal, Carbohydrates: 60g, Protein: 4g, Fat: 14g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Cholesterol: 23mg, Sodium: 9mg, Potassium: 319mg, Fiber: 7g, Sugar: 35g, Vitamin A: 307IU, Vitamin C: 8mg, Calcium: 56mg, Iron: 1mg