Quick and Easy Pizza Dough
Enjoy homemade pizza in just 45 minutes start to finish!
- ½ cup warm water (110-116 degrees F) (125 ml)
- 1 ¼ teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour (180 grams)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
Combine the warm water with the yeast and let sit for 5 minutes.
In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer combine the yeast mixture, flour, salt and sugar. Stir until the dough comes together. Knead the dough by hand on a lightly floured surface, or in the stand mixer fitted with a dough hook, until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes.
Place dough in a greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let rise in a very warm place for 30 minutes, or until doubled in size (see Notes).
Preheat oven to 500°F (and remove dough from oven if you placed it in there to rise!).
Roll out dough into an approximate 12-inch circle. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment and top as desired.
Bake until crust is golden, about 10 minutes.
- Feel free to sub up to 3/4 cup (90 grams) whole wheat flour for the same amount of all-purpose flour.
- I like to preheat the oven to 200°F for 5 minutes, then turn it off and put my dough in there to rise.
- Makes one 12-inch pizza
Calories: 95kcal, Carbohydrates: 20g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 292mg, Potassium: 43mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Calcium: 4mg, Iron: 1mg