Banana Nut Pancakes
Hearty and wholesome pancakes made with whole wheat flour, banana, and chopped walnuts.
- 1 cup whole wheat (113 grams)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (120 grams)
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups buttermilk (375 ml)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed banana , about 1 large banana
- 2 tablespoons butter , melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (113 grams)
In a large bowl whisk together the flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
In a separate bowl whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, mashed banana, butter and vanilla extract.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk until a few streaks of the dry ingredients remain. Stir in the walnuts.
Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add butter or oil to grease the pan. Pour 1/3 or 1/2 cupfuls of batter into the pan.
Cook until edges appear dry and bubbles appear at the surface, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional 2 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve immediately or keep warm in a 200°F oven until ready to serve. Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 5 days or well-wrapped in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Calories: 196kcal, Carbohydrates: 23g, Protein: 5g, Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 36mg, Sodium: 346mg, Potassium: 287mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 7g, Vitamin A: 160IU, Vitamin C: 2mg, Calcium: 96mg, Iron: 1mg