Tangerine Sorbet Champagne Floats
Fresh homemade sorbet made with tangerines and sparkling wine served with more sparkling wine - floats for grown-ups!
- 2 ½ cups fresh tangerine juice (600 ml)
- ½ cup sparkling wine (125 ml)
- ¾ cup granulated sugar (150 grams)
- Additional sparkling wine , for serving
In a small saucepan, heat 1 cup of the tangerine juice and the sugar over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
Pour the mixture in a bowl and add the remaining tangerine juice and sparkling wine. Chill completely in the fridge.
Freeze the mixture in an ice cream machine according to manufacturer's instructions. Sorbet will be soft.
Place the sorbet in the freezer for at least 2 hours to firm up.
To serve, scoop the sorbet into wine glasses or champagne flutes. Pour sparkling wine over the sorbet. Serve immediately.
- You can use any type of orange citrus - oranges, tangerines, mandarins, clementines, etc.
- Recipe originally published December 2012. Photos have been updated and clarifications made in the recipe instructions.
Calories: 153kcal, Carbohydrates: 36g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 3mg, Potassium: 224mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 34g, Vitamin A: 207IU, Vitamin C: 52mg, Calcium: 13mg, Iron: 1mg