Strawberry, Raspberry and Rhubarb Crisp
A great summer dessert, perfect for parties and barbecues!
- 2 cups sliced strawberries (230 grams)
- 2 cups sliced rhubarb (250 grams)
- 1 cup raspberries (170 grams)
- ¾ cup granulated sugar (150 grams)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Zest of 1 orange
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour (90 grams)
- ½ cup old-fashioned rolled oats (50 grams)
- ⅓ cup light or dark brown sugar (70 grams)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter , cubed (85 grams)
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream , for serving (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a medium sized baking dish with butter or nonstick spray.
Toss the fruit with the sugar, cornstarch and orange zest. Dump into the prepared dish.
In a medium bowl, combine the flour, oats, sugar, cinnamon and ginger. .
Cut the butter into the dry ingredients with a pastry blender, large fork, or even your fingers until the mixture is crumbly, but comes together when pinched with your fingers. Scatter over the top of the fruit
Bake until crisp topping is golden brown and fruit is bubbling, about 30-35 minutes.
Let cool slightly, then serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.
Calories: 274kcal, Carbohydrates: 47g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 23mg, Sodium: 6mg, Potassium: 209mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 30g, Vitamin A: 294IU, Vitamin C: 28mg, Calcium: 50mg, Iron: 1mg