Lemon Pasta with Tomatoes and Basil
A simple and light pasta dish, perfect for a summer weeknight meal!
- 1 lb spaghetti or fettuccine pasta (455 grams)
- 2 lemons , zest and juice
- ⅓ cup olive oil (80 ml)
- ⅓ cup heavy cream (80 grams)
- 1 teaspoon salt , or to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper , or to taste
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (100 grams)
- ½ cup fresh basil , chopped (20 grams)
- 1 lb cherry or grape tomatoes , halved (450 grams)
Boil pasta in salted boiling water till al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta water.
Add the lemon juice and zest, olive oil, heavy cream, and salt and pepper to the now empty pasta pot. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Simmer for 3-4 minutes until slightly thickened, stirring often.
Add the drained pasta back to the pot along with the parmesan cheese and stir until coated. Add enough pasta water to make a loose sauce. Adjust seasonings as needed.
Serve pasta topped with tomatoes and basil.
Calories: 532kcal, Carbohydrates: 61g, Protein: 18g, Fat: 25g, Saturated Fat: 8g, Cholesterol: 93mg, Sodium: 680mg, Potassium: 444mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 4g, Vitamin A: 1107IU, Vitamin C: 30mg, Calcium: 253mg, Iron: 2mg