Corniest Corn Muffins
Light and corny muffins filled with kernels of fresh summer corn. Serve warm with butter and a little honey.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (120 grams)
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal (215 grams)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar (50 grams)
- 2 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk (236 ml)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter , melted (42 grams)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 cup corn kernels , fresh or frozen (150 grams, about 1 large ear)
Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray or line with paper liners.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
In a separate bowl whisk together the buttermilk, butter, vegetable oil, egg and egg yolk.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and gently stir together. Fold in the corn kernels. Do not overmix, batter should be somewhat lumpy.
Pour batter into the prepared pan, filling each muffin cup 2/3 way full. Bake until edges are golden, 12-15 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Store muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for up to several days.
Calories: 194kcal, Carbohydrates: 26g, Protein: 4g, Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 40mg, Sodium: 174mg, Potassium: 189mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 6g, Vitamin A: 168IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 65mg, Iron: 1mg