Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix
This simple homemade hot cocoa mix is so much better than storebought! Just add hot water when ready to serve.
- 3 cups milk powder or instant nonfat dry milk (300 grams)
- 3 cups powdered sugar (330 grams)
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (84 grams)
Optional flavor additions (add one or more):
- 1/2 cup flavored non-dairy creamer (hazelnut, vanilla, etc.)
- 1-2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, chai spice mix, or pumpkin pie spice mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
To serve hot chocolate:
- 1/3 cup hot cocoa mix (from above)
- 3/4 cup boiling water
In a large bowl combine all ingredients, including any optional flavor additions.
Store in an airtight container for several months.
To serve hot chocolate, add mix to a cup and then boiling water. Stir until smooth. And enjoy!
- This recipe make approximately 7 cups of mix. Recipe can be doubled or halved as desired.
- Nutrition information is an estimate.
Calories: 167kcal, Carbohydrates: 26g, Protein: 6g, Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 18mg, Sodium: 69mg, Potassium: 306mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 24g, Vitamin A: 171IU, Vitamin C: 2mg, Calcium: 172mg, Iron: 1mg