Easy Classic Stuffing
This easy classic stuffing recipe is made with simple ingredients and only a few minutes of prep work. It's a cozy and delicious side dish for Thanksgiving, Christmas or any time of year!
- 1 lb loaf of bread
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 1 onion , chopped
- 4 ribs celery , chopped
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 heaping teaspoon fresh chopped rosemary
- 1 heaping teaspoon fresh chopped thyme
- 1 heaping teaspoon fresh chopped sage
- 2 cups turkey, chicken, or vegetable broth (preferably low sodium)
- 2 large eggs
Cut bread into 1/2 inch cubes.
Spread out evenly on a sheet pan. Toast in a 225°F oven for 30 minutes until dried out.
Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and celery, season with salt and pepper, and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
Add garlic and herbs and cook for 1 minute more.
Combine toasted bread and vegetables in a large bowl and then transfer to a grease 9x13 inch baking pan.
Whisk together broth and eggs and pour over bread mixture. Pour slowly and try to moisten all the cubed bread.
Cover with foil and bake at 375°F for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 15-20 minutes more until golden brown.
- To make ahead: Bake as directed, then store covered in the fridge for up to 3 days. Bake covered at 350°F for 30 minutes or until warmed through.
Calories: 227kcal, Carbohydrates: 25g, Protein: 6g, Fat: 12g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Cholesterol: 57mg, Sodium: 683mg, Potassium: 152mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 4g, Vitamin A: 503IU, Vitamin C: 2mg, Calcium: 82mg, Iron: 2mg