Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars
Layers of graham cracker streusel, smooth cream cheese filling, cinnamon apple chunks, and caramel drizzle make up these rich and creamy caramel apple cheesecake bars.
Graham Cracker Streusel
- 18 full sheets graham crackers (2 packages)
- 1 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter , melted
- 3 packages full-fat cream cheese , softened to room temperature (24 oz, 680 grams)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar (150 grams)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups finely chopped apples , peels and cores removed (3 large appled)
- 2 tablespoons packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
To make the streusel:
Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 9x13-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
Add graham crackers to the bowl of a food processor and process until they've been reduced to crumbs.
Add brown sugar, pecans, oats, salt and butter and pulse a few times until pecans and oats and broken up a bit and mixture is uniform and sandy.
Press half of streusel into the prepared sheet pan. Bake until lightly set, 8-9 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly
To make the cheesecake filling:
Beat cream cheese and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
Add eggs one at a time, followed by vanilla, scraping down the bowl as needed.
Spoon cheesecake filling over the slightly cooked streusel crust.
To make the cinnamon apples:
Toss apples with sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over the cheesecake filling.
Top with remaining streusel. Bake until filling is set and no longer jiggles when pan is shaken (some movement is good, do not over bake), about 45 minutes.
Let bars cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes, then transfer to the fridge and chill for at least 1-2 hours before serving.
Calories: 265kcal, Carbohydrates: 25g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 18g, Saturated Fat: 9g, Cholesterol: 73mg, Sodium: 175mg, Potassium: 98mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 19g, Vitamin A: 608IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 48mg, Iron: 1mg