Sugar Snap Pea and Bacon Salad
A perfect salad for spring! With sugar snap peas, crispy bacon, sharp cheddar cheese and an herb dressing.
- 6 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup sour cream (60 grams)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 heaping teaspoon chopped basil
- 1 heaping teaspoon chopped dill
- 1 heaping teaspoon chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper , to taste
- 1 lb sugar snap peas , chopped (455 grams)
- 6 oz sharp cheddar cheese , cubed (170 grams)
- 1 shallot , sliced
Cook bacon on the stove top or on a sheet pan in a 375 degree F oven until crispy, about 10-15 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Chop.
In a small bowl, whisk the sour cream, mayonnaise, basil, dill, parsley, and salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, toss together the peas, cheddar cheese, shallot, and bacon. Add dressing and toss to coat.
Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes and up to several hours before serving.
Calories: 218kcal, Carbohydrates: 6g, Protein: 9g, Fat: 18g, Saturated Fat: 8g, Cholesterol: 38mg, Sodium: 272mg, Potassium: 187mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 3g, Vitamin A: 874IU, Vitamin C: 34mg, Calcium: 186mg, Iron: 1mg