Pan Fried Zucchini Chips
Fresh zucchini fried until crispy is a great way to use up garden produce!
- 1 medium zucchini , sliced into rounds
- Coarse salt
- Olive oil
- About ½ cup all-purpose flour , as needed
- 1 large egg , whisked
- ½ - 1 cup breadcrumbs (see Note)
- Ranch dressing or aioli , for serving (optional)
Line a sheet pan with paper towels and place zucchini rounds on top in a single layer. Sprinkle with coarse salt and cover with more paper towels. Place something somewhat heavy on top like another sheet pan or cutting board. Let sit for about 15 minutes. During this time the salt is drawing out excess moisture, which will help the breading stick better.
In a wide skillet, pour enough olive oil to be about 1/4-inch deep. Set over medium high heat.
Set up an assembly line with the zucchini rounds, flour, whisked egg, and breadcrumbs.
Dip each zucchini round first in the flour, then the whisked egg and finally the breadcrumbs, making sure they're completely coated.
Add the breaded zucchini to the skillet. Cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
Transfer zucchini to a paper towel lined plate and sprinkle with more coarse salt. Serve immediately with ranch dressing or aioli or as desired.
- The amount of breadcrumbs needed will vary based on the size of your zucchini.
- I like to use seasoned breadcrumbs for added flavor and ease, but you can also use traditional breadcrumbs or panko breadcrumbs.
Sodium: 632mg, Calcium: 176mg, Vitamin C: 18mg, Vitamin A: 315IU, Sugar: 8g, Fiber: 5g, Potassium: 445mg, Cholesterol: 82mg, Calories: 368kcal, Saturated Fat: 2g, Fat: 7g, Protein: 15g, Carbohydrates: 62g, Iron: 5mg